Please note you will have online access to complete your course for 30 days only from the date of your enrolment. Once completed you will receive your certificate via email. Upon completion or after this 30 day period, you will no longer have access to the modules.
The Data Protection Acts, 8 Principles of Data Protection, Information Security and The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Unit 1 Introduction to GDPR
- Understanding the meaning of GDPR
- Key definitions
Unit 2 Privacy and Data Protection
- Understanding Privacy
Unit 3 Origins of our Data Protection Law
- Understanding the changes to our legislation
Unit 4 Basic Fundamentals of GDPR
- Scope of GDPR
- Who does GDPR apply to
- What does GDPR apply to
- Key Data Protection Roles
Unit 5 Data Protection Principles
- Principals of GDPR
- Lawfulness of Processing
- Accountability & Governance
- Privacy by Design
Unit 6 Data Subject Rights
- Individual rights
Unit 7 Obligations of Controllers and Processors
- Record keeping
- Breaches and Notifications
- Data Protection Officer
- Transfer of Data
- Rights to Privacy
- Supervisory Authority
Unit 8 GDPR Enforcement and Compliance
- National Supervisory Authorities
- The European Data Protection Board
- Liabilities and Sanctions
- Learners Assessment
On completion of the course students are required to complete an end of course learners assessment consisting of 20 multiple choice style questions. You will have 2 attempts to complete the Quiz and must achieve 80% in this assessment in order to achieve your certification.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of the GDPR.
- Be able to describe what information falls under the GDPR and what doesn’t.
- Have the necessary knowledge to implement GDPR compliant procedures.
- Know what is expected in regards to data security.
- Know what rights Individuals have under the GDPR.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Understanding GDPR
Your cart is empty