Please note you will have online access to complete your course for 14 days only from the date of your enrolment. Once completed you will receive your certificate via email. Upon completion or after this 14 day period, you will no longer have access to the modules.
Unit 1: Introduction to Health and Safety
- What is health and safety?
- Benefits of health and safety
- The role of the Health and Safety Authority
- Workplace injuries and fatalities
- Reasons to manage health and safety
- Consequences of poor health and safety
Unit 2: Health and Safety Legislation
- Primary legislation
- Responsibilities of the employer
- Responsibilities of the employee
- Overview of safety statement
Unit 3: Workplace Hazards
- What is a hazard?
- What is risk?
- Common workplace hazards
Unit 4: Controlling Hazards Part 1
- Manual handling
- Slips, trips and falls
Unit 5: Controlling Hazards Part 2
- Chemical safety
- Workplace equipment
- Moving traffic
- Safe working environment
Assessment and Certification
On completion of the course students are required to complete an end of course Quiz consisting of 20 multiple choice style questions. You will have 2 attempts to complete the Quiz and must achieve 80% in this assessment in order to achieve your certification.
- List the benefits of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Identify the legal responsibilities of the employer and the employee
- State the functions of the safety statement
- Recognise common workplace hazards
- Describe methods of controlling workplace hazards
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Health & Safety
Your cart is empty